Ford Racing Nation
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mustang Week on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_4 View Post
    I'm the worlds worst for not doing this. You know as many car shows as I go to you'd think I'd be prepared. But I have a tent that rarely gets taken, I do good to remember my chairs, let alone a cooler.

BUT I crammed by big high dollar survive in the sahara cooler in the trunk of my Mustang and it worked out AWESOME at the 50th. I grabbed breakfast out on Friday morning and that was it except for one meal I really didn't need to eat inside the track. Loaf of bread, jumbo bag of chips, sammich meat, pack of cheese, a few sweets and loads of drinks and I was set. I easily saved 100 dollars the two days I was in Charlotte. Gonna try and do similar at the power tour and for sure at Mustang Week.
    Not to mention you will feel a WHOLE lot better eating a simple sandwich vs. a fast food meal in the July heat! I always make the mistake of eating junk food and I intend to do better this summer.
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Mustang week events it's self are cheep its the hotel and the drive down that gets you. But there are plenty of ways to save I like having a nice condo but I save and plain for this all year. But if you get a room with kitchen is prolly the best idea go to walmart buy frozen pizza and other easy to cook stuff. And I went to the dollar store and stocked up on .88 cent poweraids Fill a cooler with free ice from hotel and good to go. And x's 2 on a good ole sammich

You can save money on souvenirs by volunteering to work at any of the various events held at MW, and you'll get a free t-shirt. My wife and I volunteered at one of the events last year and got two free t-shirts out of it. And we actually had a good time while working, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TGR96 View Post
    You can save money on souvenirs by volunteering to work at any of the various events held at MW, and you'll get a free t-shirt. My wife and I volunteered at one of the events last year and got two free t-shirts out of it. And we actually had a good time while working, too.
    I like the way you think
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

03' White Snake 03' white snake's Avatar

My condo I stay at has a outdoor grill. I grill and spend the mornings at the beach. Its a great time walking around Broadway on the Beach. They have fireworks at night (check myrtlebeach. Com for times), there's a jet boat to watch, and tons of shops to browse.

MyrtleBeach.Com has a section of all free attractions, ex. Free movie night, fireworks ect. There is so much to see everywhere in MB.

Events in MB for July.

http://m.visitmyrtlebeach.com/calend...e=month&mnth=7
    03' Cobra, OW w/ parchment. 2.8h KB

WWW.HOLLOWPOINTRACING.NET

we do our own breakfast, and do sandwiches, frozen pizzas, hot pockets, corn dogs etc for lunch. we normal only do two or three meals out. we spend the most of our money on the room , and gas in the car. you don't have to spend a small fortune for mustang week. we go to the beach most mornings and head on over to the mw events after lunch.