Pro-Dyno

Thread: TOP HOTELS FOR MUSTANG WEEK 2014

Default TOP HOTELS FOR MUSTANG WEEK 2014

What are some of the best oceanfront hotels to stay at during Mustang Week 2014?

that is also close to the events?

Pony Drivin' Clemson Fan

I'm staying at Holiday Sands South again. It's at basically 24th Avenue South, probably about 5-10 minutes from the meet-and-greet, and about 15-20 from both the speedway and mall. All depending on traffic, of course. If you want something more centrally located, find something between 10th and 25th Avenue North on Ocean Blvd.

Alright thank ya!

We have the Fairfield Inn that's within walking distance of the show.
    If you look at the hotels I listed some of the perks on a few.
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

Holiday Sands South, I have stayed there for the last 4 years & I am staying there again this year.
    07 vista blue gt & 96 deep forest green gt

I think opinions on "good" hotels is very subjective. What I find good, another may find unacceptable, or vice versa. The hotels we list on the MW page are those that step up and offer a discount, and in our mind, want the MW participant business. As for being "close" to the events, you have to look at the map of Myrtle Beach and realize that it is a linear area, following the coastline. It is around 9.5 miles from the Palace (Tuesday Meet-n-Greet) to the Mall (Friday/Saturday events). There are TONS of places on the beach, and off, to stay in between those two locations. I think anywhere from North Myrtle all the way to Surfside would be fine as long as you get really familiar with the local road map. During Mustang Week, unless it is really early in the morning, avoid US 17 Business like the plague. Some key roads to use to travel north/south along the beach are SC 31, SC 22, Grissom Parkway. Oak Street can provide some quick moving parallel to Business 17 when near the middle parts of Myrtle Beach.

As for me, I've been staying at the Holiday Sands South for years. I've often though it would be nice to stay around the area near 70th Ave North during Mustang Week. There's a lot of good places to stay and good places to eat in that area. I think a lot of your choice in hotel/motel depends on your budget as well. To be really honest, if I were a participant (and not Staff), I'd probably pull our pop-up camper down to Lakewood Campground where my family went when I was a kid. I love that place.

Take a look at some of the places we have listed under hotels and also have Google Maps open so you can see where they are in relation to the week's events. Also think about their location with relation to shopping and food. Good luck!
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSnake View Post
    I think opinions on "good" hotels is very subjective. What I find good, another may find unacceptable, or vice versa. The hotels we list on the MW page are those that step up and offer a discount, and in our mind, want the MW participant business. As for being "close" to the events, you have to look at the map of Myrtle Beach and realize that it is a linear area, following the coastline. It is around 9.5 miles from the Palace (Tuesday Meet-n-Greet) to the Mall (Friday/Saturday events). There are TONS of places on the beach, and off, to stay in between those two locations. I think anywhere from North Myrtle all the way to Surfside would be fine as long as you get really familiar with the local road map. During Mustang Week, unless it is really early in the morning, avoid US 17 Business like the plague. Some key roads to use to travel north/south along the beach are SC 31, SC 22, Grissom Parkway. Oak Street can provide some quick moving parallel to Business 17 when near the middle parts of Myrtle Beach.

As for me, I've been staying at the Holiday Sands South for years. I've often though it would be nice to stay around the area near 70th Ave North during Mustang Week. There's a lot of good places to stay and good places to eat in that area. I think a lot of your choice in hotel/motel depends on your budget as well. To be really honest, if I were a participant (and not Staff), I'd probably pull our pop-up camper down to Lakewood Campground where my family went when I was a kid. I love that place.

Take a look at some of the places we have listed under hotels and also have Google Maps open so you can see where they are in relation to the week's events. Also think about their location with relation to shopping and food. Good luck!

I definitely agree! The idea of the most closer to the event site plus those hotels that offers a discount is obviously very helpful and practical.