TMI Products Inc.

Thread: The Scourge's Mustang Week 2013 Countdown

Default The Scourge's Mustang Week 2013 Countdown

Not much has changed on the Mustang in recent times, but Iíve been busy saving and hunting deals so I can take care of everything Iíd like to have done by Mustang Week 2013. The projects have been piling up and the to-do list seems to only get longer.

This past month I kicked off my long-awaited suspension build by buying a set of springs from UPR Products made by Eibach. The springs combined with front/rear isolators even after shipping was a great deal. The only issue now is deciding what shocks and struts to pair with them. Iím considering KYB or the Tokico HP series. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'll be working hard this summer to hopefully come up with the money (while saving for MW '13 nonetheless).

DR. CALEB YOUNTS
    2003 True Blue V6 - The Scourge
    2002 True Blue Saleen S281SC

Pony Drivin' Clemson Fan

yep! exact same springs I have, you'll love them

I know how you feel,I have parts everywhere, hoping it will all come togather.
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

Well, I'm officially home for the summer and ready to get as much done as possible. I have to get these springs on, swap my V6 bumper for a GT bumper, install an underdrive pulley, and take care of some other miscellaneous things. I have to get to work earning some money too, and how much money I have for Mustang Week depends on how much work I get in and what shock/strut combo I decide on. It's about to be a crazy couple of months.
    DR. CALEB YOUNTS

You can do it, Mustang Week is worth the effort.
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

He can do it,,,, with a little amount of Dad's help......

Quote Originally Posted by bluestangs4 View Post
    He can do it,,,, with a little amount of Dad's help......
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

My GT bumper was installed the other day. Easy install, provided that there's two of you doing the job. It's a lot more aggressive than the V6 bumper and it actually lets you SEE my exhaust tips. I've decided not to reuse my chrome bumper inserts in my effort to "clean up and streamline" the back of the car. Now I just have to figure out if I need to move the tips up, which a shop will have to do for me. If it ends up being more than I want to pay right now I'll wait until some time after Mustang Week. I really don't think they look too bad hanging where they are for the time being.

DR. CALEB YOUNTS

Mustang Week 2013 is so close but I'm starting to take care of things. Tokico HP series shocks and struts have arrived and will hopefully be installed with my lowering springs on Friday. Saving up for the shocks/struts was quite a job, but actually getting them ordered was a two week-long nightmare.

After debating over what to go with, I decided on the Koni STR.Ts and was prepared to order them from American Muscle before I learned they were out of stock and on back-order. Searching everywhere else had the same result so I decided to go a different route and run foxbody Tokico HPs. What followed was more searching, two different attempts at ordering Tokicos that ended up being out of stock, and being informed of a national back-order on those shocks/struts as well. Finally, I ordered them from an eBay seller who had them in stock, but complications with Paypal caused me to send one payment that I ended up cancelling in order to send another one. Needless to say, ordering shocks/struts has been one long ordeal and I am relieved to finally have them in my possession and ready to install. Everything is now coming together and just in time for Mustang Week!

DR. CALEB YOUNTS

Looking good man. Keep it up

Looks good
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

Thanks for the ongoing support, guys. I'm proud to say the springs/shocks/struts were installed this past Friday, along with the underdrive pulley, and I even had the tailpipes moved up to accommodate the new bumper. Due to time and dad's injured foot, I chose to have a shop install all of it, but doing so really saves us time and got a lot off my to-do list. The car sits noticeably lower now and it rides and handles fine, although I haven't driven the car much yet to really evaluate. Overall, I'm well-pleased and the car looks fantastic.

DR. CALEB YOUNTS

wish i could have done more,,,,,

Don't feel bad, things happen. My project pretty much got put on hold, Josh and I are hitting it hard for the next two weeks trying to pull it off.
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

You've done plenty. Besides, I come up with new stuff to work on every day, projects AND problems haha
    DR. CALEB YOUNTS