Palmetto Ford, Inc.

Thread: Project Engine Dress - up

Default Project Engine Dress - up

Well ive been pretty irritated at the stang the past few months working on a nightmare of a nitrous install, I decided to sell my entire kit out of frustration and start something new with the car(long story short, I got a bad NMU from Zex, leaks from hell everywhere, wiring issues, so pretty much anything that can go wrong during a nitrous install haha)

So i figured if Im not going performance on the little 2v then I can keep making her show worthy. Ive done pretty much everything I have wanted to the exterior of the car and for the most part my interior. So the underhood was my next option.

As of right now the only thing I have on there is a JLT paint matched cold air intake(the older style)

Heres what Im adding in the next few weeks.
    Brushed aluminum radiator cover
    Moroso Fuse box cover
    Moroso Brake reservoir cover
    Moroso Power steering tank
    Satin Oil Cap from UPR
    battery cover from anchor-room.com(black)
    radiator overflow tank from anchor-room.com(black)
    JLT New Gen cold air intake black ( this is mainly due to having to drill my old CAI for the nitrous)

Right now thats it, I want a stock looking/race appearance and I think all together its going to look really good. Im going to be adding small things here and there but it should look really clean for the car show this year and hopefully I can trophy again.

Here is how she looks as of now, only recent pic i have is with the nitrous from the side

229890_10151221113021952_1613887184_n.jpg
    Mods: JLT CAI, Professional Products 75mm T/B & plenum, Bassani O/R X, Bassani BX Catback, 3.73 gears, SCT tuned by BAMA, Stack Racing Springs, J&M Caster Camber Plates.

HERE I COME MUSTANGWEEK 2014!!!!!!!!!

Cool
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

I think that black (Anchor Room parts) and satin/brushed items are a great combo, durable for a street car and good looking without being too flashy. Glad to hear you have a plan for under the hood. Too many people work on an entire car and never decide to touch one area. I'd prefer to personalize in every area.
    DR. CALEB YOUNTS
    2003 True Blue V6 - The Scourge
    2002 True Blue Saleen S281SC

I figured it was time, it was the only part of the car i havent touched. I should get all my stuff in by wednesday ill update the thread with part pictures.
    Mods: JLT CAI, Professional Products 75mm T/B & plenum, Bassani O/R X, Bassani BX Catback, 3.73 gears, SCT tuned by BAMA, Stack Racing Springs, J&M Caster Camber Plates.

Sounds like like some nice detail under the hood, look forward to seeing it.
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

Ok here is where im at so far. I still need the moroso power steering reservoir,billet oil dip stick, washer cap, and a better looking oil cap.

Before

After

Excellent. That stuff makes a night and day difference.
    DR. CALEB YOUNTS
    2003 True Blue V6 - The Scourge
    2002 True Blue Saleen S281SC

Yeah it does, sure as heck makes it look cleaner.