AJE Racing, Inc
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 96 Cobra's getting new paint!!

Updates!!! All painted! I can't wait to see it in the sunlight. Thanks to Robert and his staff at Hi-End!!

Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

That looks great.

Nevermore

get a Wolf car cover. They work great. My car sits in a carport. The car cover does great keeping dust, pollen, and dirt off the car. It was one of the best things I have bought for the car.
    www.svtcobraclub.com
    1997 Cobra Convertible, #909, Pacific Green

Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

Thanks for riding up there and taking those photos Mike!

I'm ready to get it home and start the page-long list of stuff that has to be completed prior to Mustang Week!
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by nckissfan View Post
    get a Wolf car cover. They work great. My car sits in a carport. The car cover does great keeping dust, pollen, and dirt off the car. It was one of the best things I have bought for the car.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but if the car is exposed to the wind, a car cover is one of the worse things for your paint. If you keep the car in a garage they work great, but if its under a metal car port then the car cover will be anti-good for the paint. When the wind blows and the car cover is on, it rubs on the corners and will rub the paint off. When i worked at a body shop, we could always tell when a car came in that had a cover on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDan347 View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but if the car is exposed to the wind, a car cover is one of the worse things for your paint. If you keep the car in a garage they work great, but if its under a metal car port then the car cover will be anti-good for the paint. When the wind blows and the car cover is on, it rubs on the corners and will rub the paint off. When i worked at a body shop, we could always tell when a car came in that had a cover on it.
    The metal shelter that the car will sit under is buffered from the wind on 3 sides. We've been keeping another family members car under it for the past 3 weeks while he is out of town for work. It is surprisingly clean, even after several harsh rain/thunder storms.

Constant coverage with a cover spooks me as well.
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Looks very nice!!
    '11 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Coupe 5.0, M6, 3.73 gears, 7.5# Procharger, Lethal 3" O/R X-pipe, MAC axleback, Lethal 93 octane tune (by Jon Lund), Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, 551 RWHP & 450 RWTQ

'11 Race Red Mustang V6 Coupe 3.7, M6, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, AM/Bama tune, Lethal Performance 2.5" O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 'Force II' axleback, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, 291 RWHP & 282 RWTQ

Nevermore

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDan347 View Post

maybe so in some cases. I have yet to see any ill effects from the cover. My cover fits really good. I don't have any rubbing issues with mine. I look mine over all the time, checking for these things. I feel better with the cover on, than having a 1/2 inch of pollen/dust/dirt sitting on the paint.
    www.svtcobraclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by nckissfan View Post
    maybe so in some cases. I have yet to see any ill effects from the cover. My cover fits really good. I don't have any rubbing issues with mine. I look mine over all the time, checking for these things. I feel better with the cover on, than having a 1/2 inch of pollen/dust/dirt sitting on the paint.
    I will say when I got my car painted the body shop told me to hold off from any cover for at least a year. This will give the paint time to cure as it is still settling and very soft for some time. Mine does stay inside now, so I cant say one way or the other, but I can see how on fresh new paint how this could potentially be a problem.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

that looks awesome. u have to be so excitied for mustangweek. That will look bad ass cruising the strip in MB

Default paint

looks nice

Guys from what I have seen Hi end would be a great place to get some work done. Seems like these guys know Mustangs like the back of their hands.
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

Nevermore

Quote Originally Posted by SM69Mach View Post
    I will say when I got my car painted the body shop told me to hold off from any cover for at least a year. This will give the paint time to cure as it is still settling and very soft for some time. Mine does stay inside now, so I cant say one way or the other, but I can see how on fresh new paint how this could potentially be a problem.

that sounds logical.
    www.svtcobraclub.com

All done! Picking it up tomorrow!
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSnake View Post
    All done! Picking it up tomorrow!
    NEED PICS!!!!!!!
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by SM69Mach View Post
    NEED PICS!!!!!!!
    +1
    '11 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Coupe 5.0, M6, 3.73 gears, 7.5# Procharger, Lethal 3" O/R X-pipe, MAC axleback, Lethal 93 octane tune (by Jon Lund), Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, 551 RWHP & 450 RWTQ

'11 Race Red Mustang V6 Coupe 3.7, M6, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, AM/Bama tune, Lethal Performance 2.5" O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 'Force II' axleback, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, 291 RWHP & 282 RWTQ

Congrats!! Can't wait to see it at Mustang Week!

Pics or ban LMAO
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

I picked the car up yesterday from Hi-End Auto. The car looks amazing! The paint has never looked this good, even when I first bought it used in '99. Thanks to Robert and his guys at Hi-End for all the hard work. I would suggest their paint services to anyone.

Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra