Palmetto Ford, Inc.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 69 MACH 1 project - Updated

Yeah Brad I was hoping to get a bit more room in the car with this set up. So far it seems to be what I was after.

Wait til you see the next upgrade that I am working on. I think you will like that one even more. Will post some pictures once it gets here.
    Last edited by SM69Mach; 03-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by SM69Mach View Post
    Yeah Brad I was hoping to get a bit more room in the car with this set up. So far it seems to be what I was after.

Wait til you see the next upgrade that I am working on. I think you will like that one even more. Will post some pictures once it gets here.
    Okay... now you got me wondering!
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Such a nice ride.

Thanks Shadowstang.

I did get a bit more done this past weekend and got the AC condensor mounted in front of the radiator, but ran out of there and forgot to snap some pictures, but will get some next weekend. It was a bit more involved than I first thought as the Vintage Air kit I am using, bolts up to stock holes that I cut off LONG ago to put in a larger radiator. But me and my son made some brackets and get it all mounted up. Also mocked up the AC lines and getting them crimped for install as well.

I know not much of an update with out pictures, but here is another shot of the new steering wheel set up. I am honestly not sure how I am going to react this car. It is going to be such a different ride when all said and done

And Brad this is for you, a bit of a sneak peak at the next upgrade coming for the car.

1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Now that is an UPGRADE!!! After all is said and done, driving your car will feel completely different.
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Pony Drivin' Clemson Fan

This car is going to be even more ridiculously awesome than it already was. Can't wait to see this thing.

Looks sweet Scott! Is that what I think it is? I can't wait to see her at the 50th.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofNOff View Post
    Looks sweet Scott! Is that what I think it is? I can't wait to see her at the 50th.
    Thanks Eric. Not sure what you are seeing or thinking it is? but I am sure it is. I am working hard to try and get it to the 50th, but man this car fights me sometimes, so we will see how it goes, still have a lot to get done before then.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Well as I mentioned last update, I did get the condenser mounted in front of the radiator for the AC.

My son, Josh , and I made up some brackets to get it mounted.

Also got the rebuilt reared in place, and installed it before I snapped a couple of pictures of the new gears and posi unit. But went from 3.25 gears to 3.50 an and Eaton Posi unit. Should help off the line a little and with the OD, much better on the highway.

Did get the headers back on the car Sat, but have to pull the driver side back off to make some clearance room for the steering shaft. Nothing a BFH can't fix..haha. Hopefully can get that squared away this week, then button up the rest of the electrical and lines.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

That is going to be a sweet ride.
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT

BFH's can be really useful sometimes!
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

**Quick Update** I was able to get the headers on last week, which is not the funnest task, but it is done. Got all of the clearence issues worked out with the help of a BFH and an air grinder. No pictures really as there is not much to show as it looks like the eariler picture of the Rack and bottom of the car.

I did however get a visit from the big brown truck this week with the next and hoefully last upgrade to the car. Tubular Arms, Coil-over set up with Bilstein Shocks all the way around and adjustable strut rods. With the headers on, need to button up a few more things under the hood with the lines and electrical, and then its onto the install of the new suspension. Hope to make some good progress on it this weekend and will update with more info then.

1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Sorry I haven't updated the thread for a while, but this car has beat me down the last couple of months. I am not sure if this car or my teenage daughter will be the death of me, but right now my bet is on this car...haha.

Anyway, I had some steering rack fit issues so had to change that up to a different set up all together, got the suspension on the car, got the new wheels and tires mounted and was all ready to take it for an alignment and one of the hydraulic hoses for the clutch hit the pressure plate as I didn't secure it properly and tore a hole in the line, so Tranny needed to come back out.

I just didn't have the time or patience to take it back apart. Through my complete frustration and complete disdain for the the car, my first thought.....EBAY. But then as I calmed down and realized I wouldn't get much for a non-running car, I thought better of it. I loaded it up on the trailer and off to Piedmont Custom Motorsports. Great bunch of guys there and they did the intake swap on the car for me last year and always did all the work on my Lightning. Got the car there last week and got the call late yesterday the tranny and clutch issues are all taken care of and now just waiting on getting an alignment done.

I dont really have many pictures right now to update, as the car kicked my tail so much, I neglected to take a lot of pics. Once I get the car back and get her road and beach ready I will take more pictures and post.

Huge thanks to Piedmont Custom for getting me in so quickly and fixing what would have taken me a very long time to get done.
    Last edited by SM69Mach; 06-13-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Our cars are just like family, love them to death one day, want to strangle it the next!
    Hope things smooth out, looking forward to seeing the updates in person.
    John Garner
    2001 Performance Red GT
    Southeastern Fox bodies, Sunset Cruisers, Cruise In the Park, Cars and Coffee Owensboro, Crazy Horse Mustang Club
    Facebook and jl12g @ IG

Ya that sucks but least u got it worked out now. Cant wait to see the new mods, I seen it last year.

Well, I guess this will be a final update before the beach, unless I can get it back on a lift for some more underside pictures.

Can't say enough about Piedmont Custom. They got the car in quick, helped finish off the last few items for me, that I just would not have had time to get it done before the beach.

Got the car back and took it out to a local cars and coffee yesterday and so far so good. Working on putting some mileage on the car to make sure everything continues to work as planned.

This is a totally different car than it was last year. Easy to steer now, with the new Power Steering, ride is MUCH better with the new suspension set up on the car, 5 speed....well I think everyone knows how much more fun that is, and lastly, the AC blows COLD!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics after getting it back and a doing a quick wash on it. Still need to do a good detail job on it before the beach, but is is good to have it back.

1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

omg I seen thiscar last year and fell in love with it I couldn't tell ya how many pics I toke of her and cant wait to see it this year u driving that thing down ???

Love the new wheels
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

Thanks Mike. Definitely gives the car a different look.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Has to be one of the best looking early Machs there is, the new wheels make it look even better IMO.
    John Garner
    2001 Performance Red GT
    Southeastern Fox bodies, Sunset Cruisers, Cruise In the Park, Cars and Coffee Owensboro, Crazy Horse Mustang Club
    Facebook and jl12g @ IG