Pro-Dyno

Thread: Ground Rules for Pictures and Videos

Exclamation Ground Rules for Pictures and Videos

The following goes for any picture or video posted/linked to the Mustang Week website/forums.

Keep pics and videos (including song choice) "PG" rated. Mustang Week is a family-friendly event and we would like for the website to remain the same.

Most importantly, keep content to official event coverage. This also includes cruises (ie. SN-95, Fox-body, etc), pre-meet, etc.

It is actually important for the Mustang Week's growth for you all to post your pics and videos. Some of the videos and photography are great!

But, what we can not allow to be posted/or linked here on the Mustang Week website/forums is photo or video that showcases cars breaking local/state traffic laws. The best example of this is the burnouts/pullouts in front of the mall/Hooters during Thursday's dragnight pre-meet, Friday's Car Show, and Saturday's Cruise-In. The Mustang Week Staff does not condone nor encourage anyone to endanger themselves and especially the traveling public.

Let me explain why we don't condone such activity... yet again.
    1) The most obvious... our first goal is to protect the traveling public on the streets/roads near our events. Public safety must come first. That includes the safety of particpants and spectators.

2) For all the official Mustang Week events we (the MW Staff) must obtain permits from Horry County, SC and/or the city of Myrtle Beach, SC. Neither entity issues these permits lightly. Now that Mustang Week is "established," the county and city both discuss the previous year's "problems" and then determine wheter or not to issue the permit. They really do their homework. We have been contacted by the city and county over an issue they have seen posted on the web in years past. We have been warned (several times now) that if a bad enough incident/accident occurs, we will not receive the permits again. Period. End of story. This is why we have an off-duty officer at the Meet-n-Greet and why we are the first to call law enforcement at the mall.

So, with that in mind, you see why we have to keep this kind of footage off the official website. That is the first place the county/city will look when deciding the fate of future Mustang Weeks. And, bear in mind, while Mustang Week brings thousands to Myrtle Beach, we are still a drop in the bucket compared to the overall tourist trade for that same week down there. Both the cities and county have both told us that they appreciate our patronage, but they don't "need" it to fill motel rooms/restaraunts.

Also, any sponsors/vendor seen in any video breaking the Code of Conduct in their signed contract will be hearing from us in the near future. They, more than anyone, should be helping the event, not hurting it.

We hope your understand and we appreciate your help in keeping Mustang Week safe for all.

MW Staff
    Last edited by GeoSnake; 08-16-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

I am just curious, with that attitude that they have. Have you ever thought about a different city? They do not think thousands of rooms and that ridiculous 11%+ food tax from those thousands of people does not help? And believe me, I don't like that pull outs from the events either. I think its childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfireshaker06 View Post
    I am just curious, with that attitude that they have. Have you ever thought about a different city? They do not think thousands of rooms and that ridiculous 11%+ food tax from those thousands of people does not help? And believe me, I don't like that pull outs from the events either. I think its childish.
    I don't think it's the fact that it doesn't help bring income into the city, but rather that we're a minority and even if we weren't there other tourists would take our place in the hotels. So it's not like the businesses will be losing any money overall.

If it comes to pushing us out, or them losing many of the majority of beach visitors that have nothing to do with Mustang Week, they'll choose the majority as that will affect their income much more than us.

Moving to a different city would likely introduce even more headaches and work. At least with it being the same every year, some of the work is minimized (or at least more of a year-to-year routine). In saying that I'm not trying to minimize the efforts of the staff, but merely saying that it would be much harder for those in charge to move the event to another location and bring us all we expect out of Mustang Week, and still pull it all off inside a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfireshaker06 View Post
    The point is not trying to move the event because MB doesn't think we are a value to their city. It is a matter of showing respect to the city that allows us to come in. When we talk to alot of places at the beach, space is always the premium and typically in the summer months they fill up whether we are there or not. In comparison to other events there such as the 2 bike weeks, we are a blip on the radar. We believe one of the reasons that MW is so well attended and continues to grow is the beach location and MB has everything we feel offers the best vacation and venue to hold this event. But again, let's not get off topic here and remember they do allow us to put on the event and we do not promote or support such activities such as the burnouts leaving the mall. We are jsut trying to not only have a safe event for our attendees, but everyone at the beach that could be affected by someone doing something stupid.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension