Full Throttle Car Club

Thread: Speedway Fun Runs

Question Speedway Fun Runs

Do we need to pre-register for the fun runs? Or, is it first come first serve?

Last year you just paid your $25 at the speedway and signed your life away. Drive in and get in line.

Same this year. You can show up, pay and do the autocross in the morning and fun runs in the afternoon. Also when you pay to run, you get free admission to the stunt show afterwords.
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Don't think I wanna do the autocross, but definitely the fun runs.
    Jeremy
    2012 Mustang V6

I think im gonna save my tires and do the fun runs instead of the autocross but it should be an excellent time
    Mods: JLT CAI, Professional Products 75mm T/B & plenum, Bassani O/R X, Bassani BX Catback, 3.73 gears, SCT tuned by BAMA, Stack Racing Springs, J&M Caster Camber Plates.

HERE I COME MUSTANGWEEK 2014!!!!!!!!!

Whats the fun run like? Im definately doing it, is it nascar style? Few cars at a time? How many laps, speed limit, etc?

There are a couple of cars on the track at a time, but they are close to each other and speeds are limited with cones and tires around the track to keep cars lowered on the track. It is definitely fun to do
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

are helmets required?
    can have passengers?
    Passengers needs helmets?

no helmets needed and you can have as many passengers as you can fit safely.

2004 SC281

Mustang Week 2015
    5th Annual Sn95/New Edge Cruise (7/23/16)

what are the new times for everything? I heard times changed over the speakers today at the meet n greet, but didn't catch it all.

are you still going to post the autocross time on here somewhere?

So what kind of speeds are you able to get up to on the track? It's a shame there isn't a top speed run location.
    2006 Saleen Extreme #36 Forged bottom end, Ported heads, ported blower hat, 2.87 blower pulley, 62mm TB, 101mm CAI, AFCO heat exchanger, 20GPM intercooler pump, battery relocated, UPR tensioner, T-56 trans, aluminum DS, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, full Race Craft suspension.

Remember, this is a 0.5-mile oval and we let 3 cars (well-spaced) out on the track at at time. The track is coned/tired off to keep people in a "prefered" line. Still, skilled drives can reach nearly 90+ on the front stretch, but you HAVE to know what you are doing. There is NO room on a 0.5-mile over for a top speed run even if you were out on a cleared track. Also (and this is important), we don't rent the Speedway, so participants sign the Speedway's waivers. The track setup will push EVERY drivers skill, I guarantee that. Some try to push to hard and we have had a couple of wrecks through the years. The Speedway has continually said that if folks don't keep their driving "within reason" and push too hard, they will ask that driver to leave.

All that said, ask anyone who's done the Fun Runs and they'll tell you that you can push plenty hard.
    Mustang Week Staff
    '96 Procharged Cobra

Definitely in for the Fun runs

OK, just so I am crystal clear, you pay $25 per car, and you get to autocross in the morning, do fun runs in the afternoon, and stay for the thrill show that evening? Add $5 for the wife, who will just ride along/spectate?

Quote Originally Posted by TGR96 View Post
    OK, just so I am crystal clear, you pay $25 per car, and you get to autocross in the morning, do fun runs in the afternoon, and stay for the thrill show that evening? Add $5 for the wife, who will just ride along/spectate?
    TGR96: I think for your wife to have access to the infield with you (as a passenger), it will be either $20 or $25 for her as well. I'm pretty sure that the $5 is for the stands only.

I bought mine today, it is $25 for car and driver, $5 per passenger.
    The armband for the driver is checkered and the passenger / pit pass is solid color.
    John
    Lewisport, ky.
    Chief
    2001 ES GT