StangNet.com

Thread: few problems need help

Default few problems need help

wasup guys! my check engine light was on and says IAC and its idling a little high so i know its bad but i dont know if this has to deal with this but recently my car will run fine unless i stomp it! at WOT it dies down to about 4grand and sounds like a 2step! but normal driving it does fine! i pluged it up and got the code but it went off b4 i could figure out the code and it cleared the code so now the car is running fine even at WOT! but i would like to know what it could be so i can fix it! i dont think its a fuel or ignition problem or it would still do it even after the code is cleared but any help is excepted! thankx!
    ~LilBs2KGT~
    2K GT: 3:73s, BBK CAI, SLP CatBack, UPR O/R X-Pipe, FR500 Black 18x8/18x10.5, Eibach pro series, etc!

The IAC controls the throttle at idle so running at WOT and no issues is not uncommon. Usually the IAC gets clogged with carbon and can be cleaned and re-installed. The IAC is the cylinder looking valve attached to the side of the intake near the throttle body. You can replace if it doesnt clean up and operate properly, but cleaning usually works. Hope that helps.

Scott
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

yea ive cleaned it pretty well an still wouldnt work right so ima go grab 1 this weekend but you think that could b causeing the WOT stumble?
    ~LilBs2KGT~
    2K GT: 3:73s, BBK CAI, SLP CatBack, UPR O/R X-Pipe, FR500 Black 18x8/18x10.5, Eibach pro series, etc!

Probably not, but anything is possible. When was the last time you did a tune up? Plugs, filters, etc? Have you clened the MAF ever ?
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension