Magnuson Products, LLC
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Annual Mustang Week Coupe Upgrade Project Thread

Looking good. Cant wait to see the finished project
    1969 MACH 1
    445 Stroker/TKO600
    SoT Full Suspension

Not much progress to report.
    Got my new car show display board done tonight.

Hopefully getting the car back tomorrow, if not then Wednesday for sure. Cutting it close!!
    Check out JDSmotorsports.com for daily photo updates from Mustang Week 2016!!!
    Check out our archives below!
    2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
    Follow us on snapchat & IG jdsmotorsports & @jdsmotorsports

Progress!!

Got the wiper cowl piece painted and ready to go back on.

New rotors are on, I didn't really want the hubs painted, but oh well, not gonna whine at this point!

Back drum's painted.

Ran into our first major problem. The rack I had was one I had ordered a while back for my 81 t-top coupe. Well I sold the coupe but kept the rack around because I knew this car needed one. Well last week I looked it up and realized that the 79 rack was different but the only way I could get one was a factory special order. So I was hoping and praying we could make this one work. No dice, the power steering lines are different. So of course I couldn't find any power steering lines today either. So we ended up robbing the new boots and tie rod ends off the 81 and we are going to put them in my old rack. Not perfect, but at this point the only other option was putting the old rack back in it and one tie rod end was shot in it. So after getting my blood pressure sky high for a few minutes things are back to normal and forward progress is being had!!

Progress!!! And she is back at my shop! Crunch time really begins now!
    Little blurry, I took these down the road. But most all the black interior pieces are in now.

Hurst shifter handle is now in, fabricated to fit the stock shifter internals since no one makes a shifter for these anymore. Got the feel I wanted out of it, feels like I'm in a 70 Mustang, just the right lean, I like it!

Interesting little tid-bit. This is a factory 1970 Boss 302 Hurst T-handle. My dad took it off his Boss before he sold it. I'm not 100% sure what the difference is, I think it is something with the shift pattern in the shifter or color of it or something. Pretty cool piece.

New Scott Drake clutch and brake pedal pads.

A few new factory decals under the hood.

Blue Ford racing wires, new valve covers should be here tomorrow I hope!

Last minute box of goodies!

New "show" mats to tie in the seat color a little better. Hope I'm not the only one that has a set of mats they never step on lol.

Finished the plate for the radio.

Finished product. Not perfect, but it works.

Pin striping going on! Really wanted to tie in the blue under the hood so this is my reasoning for the blue stripe and the blue drums, etc. Plus I wanted something different. I'm really, really happy with how it turned out.

That's all for now! Gotta bust tail on it tomorrow night!! Get it detailed, swap the valve covers, and finish up a few minor details!

Whew!! I'm beat! Worked all day, then worked all night on the car. It's getting there, although I was hoping it would be just a little bit closer.

My valve covers didn't get finished in time for me to pick them up, but I did get these pictures on the way home, I think they turned out freakin' awesome!!

Can't wait to get them on! Gotta pull two more bolts on each side of the covers then I will throw these on, vacum her out and load her on the trailer.

My body guy stuck my new emblem in today. Looks much better than the old faded out one!

Polished all the stainless and the tail pipes, wish I could have spent more time on them but it will do.

Pulled her into the shop for a good shining.

This quick and slick is awesome. Looks as good or better than being waxed, and it about 1/4 of the time.

Little reflection.

Took the wrong battery out and put the right one in. Wanted to do a battery relocation kit but I just didn't have time.

Thought this was a cool mix, everytime I look under the hood of a fox and the distributor cover is still in place I think wow, what a clean unmolested, original fox. Well, when you look under the hood of my car you may think that for a second but you will change your mind when you see the valve covers!

Here she is sitting in the shop, she is getting close!

Looks even better in person. Great job.