MustangRTR.com

Thread: need more help! lol!

Default need more help! lol!

wasup guys! im having problems with the gt and badly need help! alright.... i started last friday with taking my dash and all the goodies that go along with it out so i can change the heater core! saturday i finished putting it in and putting all the dash back in and started the car and let it run for about 5 mins til i seen smoke comming from the passenger side exhaust manifold! i turned the car off and noticed sum coolant had got on the manifold and was burning off so like a dumba** i poured water on the back passenger side of the motor and tried to start the car! first 2 times i tried to crank the car it started but cut right back off and then wouldnt start at all and i noticed the gauges and lights on the dash are going crazy! gauges jumps non stop, and lights flash non stop! so i checked all the wire harnesses, connections, fuses, etc and didnt find anything wrong! i was told i could have got my coil packs wet so i figured id spray some starter fluid in the intake and see if it starts! it did start for a few seconds both times i sprayed it! so im not getting fuel and i checked the fuel shut off switch in the trunk an had power comming in and out of the switch! but no fuel pump cumming on when i turn the car on! i pushed the valve on the fuel rail and had nothing! so yesterday i bought a new fuel pump and dropped the tank an installed it today! and i still have no fuel pump comming on when i turned the key, car still wont start and gauges and dash lights are still going crazy! im lost now and i really dont like my car not running and not even knowing what it is! lol

if anyone can help i would really appreciate it! thankx
    ~LilBs2KGT~
    2K GT: 3:73s, BBK CAI, SLP CatBack, UPR O/R X-Pipe, FR500 Black 18x8/18x10.5, Eibach pro series, etc!

Do you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key to on?

2004 SC281

Mustang Week 2015
    5th Annual Sn95/New Edge Cruise (7/23/16)

nope, no fuel pump comming on!
    ~LilBs2KGT~
    2K GT: 3:73s, BBK CAI, SLP CatBack, UPR O/R X-Pipe, FR500 Black 18x8/18x10.5, Eibach pro series, etc!

also i hear a ticking noise comming from what sounds like the passenger side toward the back of the motor where i poured the water! only does it while its turning over!
    ~LilBs2KGT~

Uhh.... like where the starter is? Now it sounds like a starter problem!

2004 SC281

Mustang Week 2015
    5th Annual Sn95/New Edge Cruise (7/23/16)

if your not getting power to the pump then its the fuel pump relay!!!

the starter is working great it turns the motor over non stop every time u turn the key and im getting power to the fuel pump and comming in and out of the saftey shut off switch in the trunk! im lost lol! the only thing i can think of now is sumthing with the theft system not allowing the fuel pump to come on or sumthing! witch would explain y the gauges and dash lights are flashing non stop and jumping around non stop while the ignition is on!
    ~LilBs2KGT~