Mustang Week

Thread: HDR Photos

Default HDR Photos

I've been playing around with HDR post-processing lately, and so it was inevitable that I'd go through some of my car show pictures. I thought I'd post a link up here, as several of these shots are from Mustang Week.

I've processed and tone-mapped each of the shots, then changed the background to black and white. It's always so "busy" around the cars, that the b/w treatment seemed to bring the eye's focus back to the car itself.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11426...89291649?hl=en

That is cool !
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

Great pictures. I liked the car in Triad Chevy Club/Greensboro Country Park Car Show 2009 and the car in 2010 Mustangs of Burlington Car Show. They are so cute...
    We were born to succeed, not to fail.

Cool beans. I'm no good at HDR's but I do my best. What processing programs did you use? I have a camera that I have to manually change the brightness and they never seem to line up. Then I do the HDR in PS2. What do you use to create multiple pictures?

2004 SC281

Mustang Week 2015
    5th Annual Sn95/New Edge Cruise (7/23/16)

Quote Originally Posted by WildWillyWalker View Post
    Cool beans. I'm no good at HDR's but I do my best. What processing programs did you use? I have a camera that I have to manually change the brightness and they never seem to line up. Then I do the HDR in PS2. What do you use to create multiple pictures?
    Most of the HDR stuff I've been doing is multiple exposures. Typically 3 exposures, at -2ev, 0ev, +2ev. For some examples of what I've done with multiple images and HDR, see the following album from Cub Scout Camp with the little one a couple weeks ago.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11426...29238897?hl=en

However, the automotive shots were all single shot HDR images, as that's all I have of them. I wasn't shooting with HDR in mind when I was at the shows. So I just took the raw files, and then created three copies of each to merge into an HDR. For those, I usually used -1ev, 0ev, +1ev. Not the best way to do HDR, but it's better than nothing, and gave me something to play with.

I use Canon DPP for processing the raw files into tiff images. Then I use Photomatix Pro to merge into a single HDR. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro for any further editing. Adobe Photoshop is bloated and overpriced IMO, and there's nothing it can do that Paint Shop Pro can't.

Ah, I've heard about Photomatix. Is that where you make the multiple exposure pictures? I'll have to check out Paint Shop Pro.

2004 SC281

Mustang Week 2015
    5th Annual Sn95/New Edge Cruise (7/23/16)

Photomatix allows you to take multiple exposures and blend them into a single image.

hey!!!..i really like the way u did those pics..good job!!!