STANGS-R-US Mustang Club

Thread: O/R X-pipe & SLP LM1 --- Too Loud!

Default O/R X-pipe & SLP LM1 --- Too Loud!

~ wasup guys i just installed a UPR O/R X-pipe on my GT and with the LM1s its just too loud and sounds like s*it to b honest! i was wondering if putting some high flow cats would quite it down some and mayb give me a little of my rumble back! i want it loud but still want it to sound like a mustang! lol! thankx!
    ~LilBs2KGT~
    2K GT: 3:73s, BBK CAI, SLP CatBack, UPR O/R X-Pipe, FR500 Black 18x8/18x10.5, Eibach pro series, etc!

If you put flowmasters on it with the off-road x it will sound really good that's what I have. Or a catted x or h pipe will quiet it down quite a bit
    04 GT 244 RWHP 288RWTQ, eibach springs, offroad h pipe, flowmasters, Cobra brakes... that you know of

I have a bassani o/r x and a bassani BX catback. Sounds like a dream. I would recommend putting a different catback or mufflers on. LM1's will be loud no matter what mid pipe you throw on there.

Flowmasters
    Mike Clay
    Gretna VA
    Mustang Week Staff
    1980 Cobra
    1982 GT
    02 GT vert
    2011 F 150

spintechs for me the doctor said.....
    [B]RBR RED BANK RIDES

You could do a prochamber midpipe. I have the prochamber with the slp lm1's. Only thing is at wot its not as loud as an o/r x or h, but it doesnt have the rasp or as poppy as an x or h.

Nevermore

LM1's sound best with cats.
    www.svtcobraclub.com
    1997 Cobra Convertible, #909, Pacific Green

I will most likely just weld in some high flow cats and see how that sounds an if i still dont like it i might consider a different cat-back, but wont have time before mustang week so ill deffenitly be heard lol! hopefully no tikets again tho lol! cant wait to get there!
    ~LilBs2KGT~
    2K GT: 3:73s, BBK CAI, SLP CatBack, UPR O/R X-Pipe, FR500 Black 18x8/18x10.5, Eibach pro series, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by nckissfan View Post
    LM1's sound best with cats.
    I'll probably agree with that. I have LM1s on my fox body with an o/r h pipe and I just put tail pipes on it. It sounds like a camaro or a truck LOL! It's loud though... and I love it. I would've kept the exhaust dumped but I need to save as many brain cells as I can. My 04 will be getting Borla Stingers along with it's current o/r xpipe. ^^

I LIKE IT LOUD!!

2004 SC281

Mustang Week 2015
    5th Annual Sn95/New Edge Cruise (7/23/16)