40thAnnivGT
07-20-2012, 12:44 AM
I was driving on the other side and saw it all happen haha

Glenn
07-20-2012, 11:39 PM
dumasses

SuperDan347
07-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Shit like that is going to eff it up for the rest of us. I hope they have sn's on here and see what everyone really thinks of their little stunts.

O'l Yeller
07-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Simple solution......hire an Horry County Sheriff Deputy to keep people off the grass. No spectators=no one to show off in front of. Sooner or later someone's going to get hurt or kill someone either in another car or standing along the highway right-of-way and MW as we know it will be over period. I would pay extra for the show entry fee to help cover the expense.

snkchmr
07-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Dude we already have to pay for the extra police.

cobra_4
07-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Simple solution......hire an Horry County Sheriff Deputy to keep people off the grass. No spectators=no one to show off in front of. Sooner or later someone's going to get hurt or kill someone either in another car or standing along the highway right-of-way and MW as we know it will be over period. I would pay extra for the show entry fee to help cover the expense.

Its really not that simple. Someone will still be an idiot. Plus the minute the deputy goes off to pull someone over all hell will break loose.

We need to figure out away to ban people from coming into Myrtle Beach the week of mustang week that act like tools. :p

SuperDan347
07-22-2012, 01:36 AM
The people on the grass instigate a lot of it. Run some sprinklers out there to reduce the number of instigators, make sure the police presence is know, and continue to ask people not to do it. I sat out there and watched my first year there and never thought of it leaving a bad image on the event. Now that I know the image it leaves, I refuse to do or watch it and on my personal forum threatened members with loss of membership and forum bans if caught contributing to the delinquency of Mustang Week.

Ras
07-23-2012, 03:05 AM
I actually like the sprinkler idea. I walked by front, saw people standing pretty far out in the road, and walked back down again. You know you're getting old when...

SM69Mach
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
The mustang week staff does not condone this type of behavior and yes we pay for additional police and even make many announcements not to do this type of stuff. As stated one bad mistake with one of these cars and MW will get shut down. We take every precaution we are allowed to take in hopes that people will be smart enough not to do this, but it stil happens. Its just as much the driver as it is the people on the side of the road egging people on.

With that said, thread closed.